How our app is secured
The following security measures have been put into place to ensure your patient’s health information does not end up in the wrong hands.
- The application is only able to be accessed via Bank Grade, 256-bit SSL encryption. This applies to both the iPad app and the web application.
- The iPad application and web application will automatically time out after 20 minutes of inactivity.
- When the iPad app is logged out, all data stored on the device is destroyed.
- Organizations have the option to limit access to the system by proximity to the hospital via GPS.
- The application has a built in system audit log that records all actions taken in the software.
- The application has a patient audit log to show every action taken on a patient.
- The database is housed on a dedicated (non-shared) server.
- The server is housed within a physically secure data center.
- The server is only accessible by one person at Smart Sign Out.
- There are emergency access procedures and accounts per HIPAA regulations.
- The database is backed up every 24 hours to two secure locations.
- The database backup files are encrypted for storage.
- The server is protected by a firewall.
- The server is protected by a real-time and on-access virus scanner.
Have more security questions? Feel free to contact us.